Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Under the supervision of the Outpatient Operations Coordinator and according to department policies, procedures, and guidelines, the outpatient/retail Technician III is responsible pharmacist/technician training as applicable; return to stock (RTS) and refill calls process maintenance; maintaining, accessing, improving, and control the efficiency of pharmacy automation devices; and other related duties for the purpose of providing high quality patient focused pharmacy services. Boston Medical Center is able to offer our employees competitive pay, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities, and patient centered initiatives.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing effective, appropriate, and safe pharmacy services:
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Maintains all work environments in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintains good telephone communication skills.
- Ensures all work is checked by a pharmacist.
- Attends and participates in all appropriate department programs and committees.
- Remains informed by reading all department communications which includes maintaining a working knowledge of pharmacy protocol, policies and updated procedures.
- Reports to the pharmacist or their supervisor the finding of malfunctioning equipment, and unsafe working conditions.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency on systems/applications as related to the outpatient/retail operations; Script-Pro, Innovation-RobotX, RxSafe, PickPoint, QS/1-NRx, and RxASP/Dispill. Also, has above basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Access, Word, etc.
- Performs all department required quality assurance responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains own professional and specialized competency through continuing education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Conforms to hospital standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided:
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Supports the service needs of the pharmacist relative to pharmacy services and maximized patient care outcomes.
- Provides performance improvement documentation, charts, etc. to support progress and efficiency relating to training programs, automation, systems, etc.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Reports to the pharmacist or his/her supervisor the finding of malfunctioning equipment.
- Must demonstrate annual proficiency to perform tasks relating to the systems and applications within the outpatient pharmacy department.
- Provides orientation and training for pharmacists, technicians, and students as assigned.
- As assigned will provide training to Pharmacy Technicians I and II.
- May be responsible for managing and growing employee prescription capture to meet monthly goals, annual growth and annual targets for the retail and specialty pharmacy population.
- Performs other duties and projects as needed such as lead QA projects, scheduling and others established by the department director as needed.
- Must adhere to all of BMC’s RESPECT behavioral standards.