The Pharmacy Manager (PM) manages a group of pharmacists and support staff who, under the direction of a physician’s prescription, appropriately compound and dispense prescribed drugs in a retail or healthcare facility environment. Oversees appropriate staff in transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, Rx workflow processing, and conducting drug utilization review. Familiar with the latest variety of industry’s practice and clinical concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish set goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity, initiatives, and diligence is expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain highest quality of pharmaceutical care and services.
• Keep abreast of changing laws, regulations, and new pharmacy-related programs through participation in continuing education courses and reviewing pharmacy-related literature.
• The PM shall be responsible for a pharmacy's compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of pharmacy.
• Dispensing and maintaining proper inventory of controlled substances pursuant to all state and federal laws.
• Direct activities and workflow efficiency of staff pharmacist(s), pharmacy clerk(s), technician(s), intern(s), or extern(s).
• Proper ordering and maintenance of dangerous drugs or devices and supplies for the pharmacy.
• Scheduling pharmacy personnel and providing bi-monthly time sheets to finance department.
• Able to operate and maintain automated drug dispensing machinery.
• Communicate with staff on progress of policies and procedures involving the pharmacy department.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, consistent with company standards, in dress, personal appearance and grooming.
• Consult with clinic providers, administrators, and other personnel for the purpose of providing quality patient care and maximizing pharmacy performance.
• Manage key areas of the P&L report to control expenses for the pharmacy.
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• As a pharmacist and employee, maintain good company loyalty, set a good example, and project a healthy positive attitude.
• Periodic travel to corporate office for managerial meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Licensure:
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PharmD degree from an accredited university or a B.S. degree with 5 years of management experience, a minimum of 5 years of work experience - retail or clinic preferred, past Pharmacy Managerial experience is preferred. Certifications in different areas of Pharmacy and completion of an accredited Post-Graduate residency program are a plus.
Skills & Requirements:
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to mentor entire pharmacy staff while fostering customer relations.
• High degree of initiative, self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to motivate individuals to achieve targeted results
• Must be able to work and direct staff in a fast-paced work environment
• Must be able to efficiently utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) in areas such as drafting documents, creating spreadsheets, and organizing calendars through email
Other key features of job:
• Work in a professional office environment
• Work with professional staff and management
• Part of a growing healthcare company
NS & Associates and its Companies provide the highest quality of health care and management, by placing the needs of our patients first. Our Companies have multi-location pharmacies throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County area with ample opportunities for growth and expansion. We practice a culture of C.A.R.E where we place value on Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Efficiency. We invite you to join our diverse team as we strive to deliver excellent customer service and health care to our patients.