Clinical Informatics Pharmacist
Location: Bartlett Regional Hospital
Employment Status: Full time
Daily Hours Worked: 8.0
Describe Work Schedule:
Pay Range: $56.67 - $69.34/hour DOE
Position Title: Clinical Informatics Pharmacist
Reports to: Director - Pharmacy
BRH offers a competitive relocation package (in-state and out of state) as well as an excellent benefit package including State of Alaska Retirement and excellent health/dental/life insurance.
The Clinical Informatics Pharmacist, in cooperation with the IS department, is responsible for all aspects of the pharmacy information systems at Bartlett Regional Hospital. This includes implementation, maintenance, education, and support. This involves coordination of medication and pharmacy related functionality within the integrated electronic health record, and independent pharmacy modules.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for assisting with the management of the pharmacy computer system including the drug and order dictionaries, master files, order sets, and updates to the system including national drug data file updates.
• Develops and maintains Pharmacy Information System policies, procedures, and training materials.
• Oversees formulary and inventory data related to 340b optimization and compliance.
• Assists with educating the pharmacy staff on system functionality and features.
• Serves as a liaison regarding system functions to physicians, nurses, and information systems.
• Clinical lead for Meditech
• Liaison for RN Informaticist
• Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee liaison
• Participates in development and review of medication order sets.
• Assists with report writing for clinical activities such as antimicrobial stewardship and drug utilization evaluations.
• Performs staff pharmacist duties when needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (the following are minimal qualification necessary for entry into this classification)
Education: Pharmacy Degree (Bachelor's or PharmD) from an accredited school of pharmacy
License(s): State of Alaska Pharmacist License in good standing.
Experience: 2 years of experience in hospital pharmacy practice or completion of a pharmacy practice residency in a hospital setting..
Preferred experience: Information Technology experience in the hospital setting or completion of a pharmacy practice residency in informatics is preferred.
Be able to hear and understand verbal and telephone conversations. Be able to communicate effectively with patients/customers and other hospital staff via verbal or written means. Ability to see computer screens, read and understand written communications.
Complies with state and federal laws for employee health requirements, such as TB testing and other requirements (see Employee Health Policy for specific requirements).
For specific physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion environment, see attached Description of Physical Demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the positions.