In conjunction with Managers, supervise staff, manage workflow and production and staff scheduling in adherence with company policies and procedures.
Supervise compounding and labeling processes and provide training for new employees.
1. Supervise pharmacy technicians’ preparation of sterile intravenous admixture solutions, procurement and shipping of Pain Management Admixtures in conformance with standard operating procedures, FDA, and DEA regulations.
2. Prepare weekly production scheduling of product.
3. Support and enforce company policies, practices, EHS and GMPs. Serve as facility Environmental Health and Safety representative.
4. Assist in the development and enforcement of quality policies. Perform quality checks and verifications during compounding process.
5. Support customer service by responding to hospital pharmacists’ technical or product-related inquiries.
6. Write incident reports, exception reports and SOP change requests as required.
7. Support the Documentation Center by reviewing batch records and documentation.
8. Supervise the maintenance of the compounding room environment by conforming to standard operating procedures. Oversee the cleaning, sanitization and monitoring of the laminar air flow hoods and the clean room environment utilizing standard operating procedures.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must meet State Board of Pharmacy licensing requirements; 3 years’ IV experience preferred.
- Three to five years experience in a pharmacy production environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills.