Aureus Health Services (Aureus) is a specialty pharmacy and health management company, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, with seven dispensing facilities in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Missouri and California that provide drug fulfillment and other solutions designed to address the complexity of specialty medications and health conditions for patients, medical professionals, healthcare payors and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Aureus operates two lines of business: Aureus Specialty Pharmacy Services and Aureus Health Management. Aureus’ specialty pharmacy division dispenses and delivers specialty medications to patients living with chronic health conditions such as Cancer, Crohn’s Disease, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cystic Fibrosis, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Solid Organ Transplantation. Aureus Specialty Pharmacy Services offers critical support services for these specialty medications including benefits investigation and prior authorization management, sourcing of financial assistance, appropriate utilization of medication, refill and adherence programs, and other programs that drive optimal outcomes for patients on specialty medication therapy.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsibleforfilling prescriptions, packing, and shipping of products and all other job related services performed in the pharmacy.
- Assiststhe Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling, packaging and shipping ofmedicationsandsupplies.
- Answers telephones responding to questions or requests.
- Arranges work activitiessothat thepharmaceuticalneeds ofpatientsare met.
- Cleans equipment, andmaintains all requiredtemperature logsas percorporatePolicy andProcedures.
- While completingfulfillment functions,checksmedication andadministration supply inventoryforexpiredproducts, removesproducts frominventoryandworkswiththe appropriate resource torecordexpired products.
- Assistswith full inventoryandcyclecounts.
- Assistswith putting awaynewly received inventory in the appropriatelocationin thepharmacy.
- Transcribes the prescription and patient information from the referral documentation into the system for processing.
- Outreaches to physician’s offices for prescriptions refills or prescription clarification, triaging to pharmacist as required.
- Performs related duties asassigned or requested.