Aureus Health Services (Aureus) is a specialty pharmacy and health management company, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, with seven dispensing facilities in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Missouri and California that provide drug fulfillment and other solutions designed to address the complexity of specialty medications and health conditions for patients, medical professionals, healthcare payors and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Aureus operates two lines of business: Aureus Specialty Pharmacy Services and Aureus Health Management. Aureus’ specialty pharmacy division dispenses and delivers specialty medications to patients living with chronic health conditions such as Cancer, Crohn’s Disease, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cystic Fibrosis, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Solid Organ Transplantation. Aureus Specialty Pharmacy Services offers critical support services for these specialty medications including benefits investigation and prior authorization management, sourcing of financial assistance, appropriate utilization of medication, refill and adherence programs, and other programs that drive optimal outcomes for patients on specialty medication therapy.
Accurately reviews and interprets prescriptions; maintains patient profile with accurate and complete information; reviews profiles for correct drug, dosage and route of administration; ensures that no drug duplication or drug to drug interaction exists; ensures that patient is not allergic to any medication prescribed. Efficiently performs other professional pharmacist duties including the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution and control of all drugs. Notifies appropriate medical/nursing staff whenever appropriate drug therapy is questionable.
- Interpret, clarify and transcribe all medication orders accurately and timely
- Practices pharmacy in compliance with all governing regulatory authorities
- Clarifies medication orders pertaining to or in reference to clarifications, new prescriptions orders and refills.
- Review patient profile to ensure appropriate drug selection and dosage
- Conduct/Review Drug Utilization Reviews to check for drug duplication, interactions or allergies
- Document all relevant interactions with patient and healthcare provider
- Document adverse drug reactions appropriately
- Demonstrate working knowledge of pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures
- Dispense medications and maintain accurate inventory records as required by appropriate regulatory authorities
- Maintains competence required for current job position and demonstrates knowledge in the necessary Reference Categories
- Provide accurate, adequate, drug information/education to patients and their families as required by regulatory authorities
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities, work independently and cooperatively with others within and outside the department
- Presents information (verbal and/or written) in a clear and concise manner
- Displays friendliness, compassion, sensitivity, kindness and appropriate manners in interactions with patients, physicians and other ancillary healthcare staff
- Displays open-mindedness and objectivity in relations with patients, physicians, and other ancillary healthcare staff
- Promotes a spirit of unity which enables the group to work together to achieve a common goal
- Takes initiative to perform job and/or assist co-workers, supporting the work of others in accomplishing the mission of the Company
- Displays adaptability by adjusting to meet the needs of the Company
- Receives suggestions in a positive manner for improvement and necessary changes in scheduling, procedures and assignments
- Exhibits behaviors, which demonstrate competence, reliability, self-control, honesty, and appropriate overall appearance while rendering service
- Performs all other duties as assigned by appropriate management