Cameron and Company, Inc. is looking for Pharmacists in the Seattle, WA area to assist with pharmacist relief opportunities. You will have the ability to choose your schedule on a weekly basis and work with different personalities. We understand you need flexibility in your life. Don’t be tied down to the same facility day in and day out.
• B.S. degree or Pharm.D. degree in Pharmacy from an accredited educational institution
• Current Clinical/inpatient working experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of emergency medications & the ability to become CPR-certified if not already obtained.
• Working knowledge of aseptic technique & the ability to prepare sterile IV products & chemotherapeutic agents
• Pharmacist licenses in the state where the position is located
• Approved Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification must have or be obtained within the probationary period
• Immunization Certification a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule (possible evening and weekends)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal relations and customer service skills
• Multitasking and time management skills
• Ability to adapt to different pharmacy settings
• Travel flexibility to your surrounding areas
• EPIC Willow and/or EPIC Willow AMB certified a plus.
• Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate. Works with patient medical information to conduct Drug Utilization Review (DUR) on all prescriptions and review clinical edits to ensure there is no adverse drug interaction.
• Monitors the medication therapy of specific hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned to assure optimum therapeutic results & cost-effective prescribing
• Reviews laboratory test results & the patient's progress to detect adverse drug reactions, & confers w/ & assists medical personnel in laboratory test interpretation & treatment of patients
• obtain information regarding medication use, medication allergies & sensitivities for patients in the facility
• Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies). Comply with state and federal regulations.
• Reviews patient's medical record to verify proper delivery & correct administration of medication
• Documents the information in the patient's medical record or Pharmacy Information Management System (PIMS) when appropriate
• Provides clinical expertise by responding to drug-related questions and concerns to customers.
• Advises the patient on the use of related devices & the coordination of drug therapy w/ diet, according to established polices & procedures
• Orders & adjust dosages, orders laboratory tests, & administers medication under protocol according to established policies & procedures
• Monitors the effectiveness & accuracy of institutional medication distribution
• Participates in rounds, hospital committees, utilization review & quality management programs
• Responds to medical emergencies according to established procedures
• Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
• Obtain, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies
• Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
• Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
An open schedule is highly encouraged as more work becomes available.
Schedule, salary, and travel details will be discussed after scheduling an interview.
Apply with resume for immediate hiring opportunities today!